NOTWICS BRISTOL TECH DAY III – THE WILD WILD WEST
When? 23rd May 2019. (9.30am Doors Open - 4pm)
Where? The Engine Shed, Boardroom, Clock Tower Yard, Temple Meads, Bristol. BS1 6QH
Please join NOTWICS & WHY Communications for the 3rd edition of this Bristol Technology Show-caser, where the leading South-West & Bristol Technology companies, Start-Ups and Scale-Ups, plus leading thinkers will present and engage.
There will be a variety of interactive formats on the day, as well as networking afterwards.
!!! HERE IS THE FULL INVITE – LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE !!!
"TO BE OR NOT TO BE IN BRISTOL ON THIS DAY OF GREAT TECHNOLOGY EXCELLENCE"
- SCALE-UP MORNING: A morning of presentations & Q&A with 4 carefully selected Scale-Ups that are largely envisioned to be Bristol and the South West's potential next big thing or Unicorns: ===> YELLOW DOG, ELUCIDATA, LETTUS GROW & IMMERSIVE LABS will each present for 30 Minutes where we aim to get under the bonnet of these successful starlets + Introductory words from our lead sponsor.. Smith & Williamson
- LUNCHTIME DEBATE: With leading academics, influencers and investors in the Bristol & South West ecosystem discussing the good & evils of this digital launchpad & what is needed for future success... titled: ‘The Wild Wild West? Past, present and future of the tech ecosystem in West of England’ The Panel includes: * Jane Garrett – Deputy Director, Quantum Technology Enterprise Centre, Bristol * Briony Phillips - Associate Director and Scale-up Enabler at Engine Shed * Andrew Mulvenna - Venture Partner at AV8 Ventures & Co-founder Brightpearl * Heather Macdonald Tait – CEO and Founder, WHY Communications Lunch is sponsored by Barclays.
- PITCH-OFF: The afternoon will focus on 8-10 leading Start-Ups looking for Seed, Early and some Series A funding from investors. These are detailed below …
- NETWORKING DRINKS: At a local recommended brewery
- The event will be chaired by Chris from Notwics, Heather from Why Communications (ex Ultrahaptics)
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR THE GREAT FOUNDERS & BUSINESSES PRESENTING
CYBER-SECURITYA clever technology to protect your critical information using its on-chip quantum encryption solution
DATA ANALYTICSThis Data Science lab helps Brands, SME's & Start-Ups develop commercial opportunities
E-COMMERCEAn affordable, off the shelf, easy to use integrated ecommerce trading platform for exporters. Its sole purpose is to make exporting easy Takes the pain out of exporting for anyone, making bulk trade orders simple to execute
ENTERPRISE SAASA cloud platform for building, organising and managing company playbooks (collections of structured best practices)
GAMING TECHThis marketing technology solution for the gaming industry created influence over 1.3 billion views in 2018. Almost a quarter of new game launches used this as part of their go to market
HR TECHThe company's software offers you instant gender pay gap and pay equalities analysis and data-driven recommendations for pioneering change in any enterprise
INDUSTRIAL TECHThe Start-Up's new manufacturing process technology deposits thin layers of synthetics that massively increase speed & purity, than current industrial processes in the Semi-conductor industry
MOBILITY TECHAn Aerospace start-up attempting to bring the philosophy of a modular interchangeable design technology to the pilot training aeroplanes
ROBOTICSThis personalised, robot companion service supports extended, independent living with companionship & memory stimulation software for older adults. Robot care for OAPs
FORMAT FOR THE DAY
Scale-Up presentations 10am12.30pm
Panel Lunch Debate 12.45pm1.45pm
Pitch - off 2pm3.30pm
Drinks & Networking 4pm5.30pm
Hosted by Chris LoweFounder - NOTWICS